Saturday, May 18, 2013

February 2013

To try and surprise James, which I can never surprise James, I got boudoir pictures done. By the way those will not be posted. But I will show you the make-up and hair that I was treated with.


The pictures turned out really good. Thanks to my favorite photographer, Amy E Photography. He liked them and it wasn't a surprise. He found out of course because he follows her but its okay.



Valentine's weekend

Well it had to be pushed to the weekend after but James, Dustin and I went to The Square Pub in Downtown Decatur.  Really good place to bring some friends and hang out. They have games there, board games, a huge connect four, very pub atmosphere. Really good hang out to have some drinks with friends. There was the bottom level that was the bar area, mid area was the game area and then just a step up there were tables for place to sit down and eat. I had the carne avacado burrito. Amazing and for the first time I tried Angry Orchard and I liked it.



After lunch and boys wanted to go to Ale Yeah! It is a beer market for those that do not know. It has all kinds of beers. And they have these things called growlers that are your choice of a 64 or 32 oz jug and you get to choice out of the 12 that they had to tap to fill it up. Dustin and James split one and it was the darkest nastiest beer. I don't remember what it was. And of course James got bacon beer. Which we have not tried yet. 




Next door was a doughnut shop called Revolution. It was phenomenal. I got a blueberry doughnut and it just melted in your mouth.And they were huge. You also had the option of yeast style or cake style doughnuts.






 So the weekend after, our Valentine's weekend:
We went to a place called Abbatoir. Highly recommend to people looking to do something nice in Atlanta. Abbatoir means slaughter house but don't let the name lead you the other way. The place was beautiful!! The atmosphere is chill and intimate but also good to go with a bunch of friends. Kind of loud but it's nice to see people enjoying themselves.
There menu is always changing. So unfortunately I don't remember the names of the foods that I got. But we started out with some chicken wings. Really good, sauce on the wings were amazing. Kind of a teriyakki taste but a hint of spice to it. For my entree I had like a roast beef with a bed of mashed potatoes. Really smooth and creamy, very good. And for dessert we had a pecan tart. That was to die for!!

We stayed the night at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center. It was a  very nice hotel. The people there were nice and the service was good and clean. Before and after going to Abbatoir we had went to the bar in the hotel and played pool. They had free pool to hotel guests. It was fun and I got a picture of the cute, old timey car in the lobby.
 
The next morning we went from breakfast at HomeGrown. Possible the best breakfast place that I know of so far. All locally grown produce and fresh ingredients. I had an omelet and the cheese grits and I could just swim in the grits they were so good. Portions were huge and the pricing was not bad at all. I was full and happy after.

It was a good and fun Valentines Day and I have to thank my husband so much for being so awesome and being able to have these experiences with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment