Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thursday was Thanksgiving Day. We went up to TJ and Nicole's with my parents to have lunch/dinner there. I made bacon ranch mashed potatoes and a salad. I attempted to make a dessert and failed. :( But it's ok Nicole made a dessert and it was really good. Mom made pancit and dad made prime rib. TJ and Nicole made squash casserole, green bean casserole, macaroni, and a dessert. It was all really good. And just hanging out with them was really fun. TJ and Nicole had to watch Sasha (Nicole's mom's dog), and she's a sheep dog. She's a big dog and really fun. I just don't think I could have a dog that big. She can do really cool tricks though like if you make your hand like a gun and say "bang" she will lie down like you shot her. The rest of the weekend was pretty lazy. We didn't do any Black Friday shopping this year. This year we just didn't really have anything to buy and we are on this whole budgeting thing but it's all good we can deals other ways and other times. Saturday we didn't do anything at all just hung out at the house. Then today we went to Heritage Park and had a little picnic and walked the trail. We took Cobey with us and he really enjoyed it. He enjoyed being out and playing in the grass. Although he wanted to pee on everything but that is not a surprise.

Back to work tomorrow. I'm not ready for it. I'm so tired and I don't know why. Also back to school. I'm definitely not ready for that. I've got to check and make sure nothing crazy is going on this week. This week I've got to prepare for Lt. Munroe's retirement parties. So that will be a sad time but also a fun time too. I'm going to miss him so much but it's for the best and he will enjoy it. For those who don't know, we okay no body knows. Lt. Munroe was my lieutenant supervisor at my work. For the time I've been there he has been like a father. But this retirement isn't a good bye. I will still try and visit him and talk to him. He is a really great person.

Ok so the craziest thing just happened. I can't stop laughing I went to take Cobey out and I started to hear this jingling noise well I had already had Cobey attached to his leash and once I heard the jingling getting closer I started to panic because we've had a few dogs come through our yard and some being big. Well I started to back up to our door almost tripped backing up and I was screaming James' name. Well I set Cobey down and the jingling is right at the steps here comes this little yorkie. And I trying to grab the little guy and still screaming James' name finally he comes out and we call the number on his tag. The owners came and got him but he lives across the street in this neighborhood. OMG the little fellow crossed the very frequently busy road I don't know how he didn't get hit because he was a darker yorkie and it's night time. Thank God he didn't. And I'm glad that he had owners. Because I wouldn't know what I would have done but of course make James let me keep it. But I can't stop laughing at myself because I thought it was going to be this big dog and he comes this little yorkie. GOSH...I need a fence.

Good night all I've got a few things I need to do around the house.

Here is our Thanksgiving Vlog. Glazelife Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment